This job has been filled.
A leading independent magazine publisher based in Glasgow City Centre is looking for a new Writer/Editor to join the team, in charge of a range of UK-wide consumer titles.
As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to write for titles for the disability community, Armed Forces community, students and teachers. Along with pitching ideas and writing editorial features for the print magazines, you will be responsible for maintaining websites and social media feeds, and networking with audiences to gather new ideas.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a driven individual to join a small but passionate team and make a difference for a wide-ranging community of readers.
Responsibilities as a Magazine Writer/Editor:
- Pitching feature ideas for a wide range of consumer titles.
- Writing of all editorial features for both online and in print.
- Conducting interviews for editorial features for both online and in print.
- Proofreading editorial features.
- Liaising with freelance contributors.
- Writing and posting of social media posts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Promotion of titles through email marketing and social media.
- Maintenance of publication websites.
- Liaising with advertising clients and collaborators.
- Attending events relevant to the audience.
- Staying up to date with news and trends relevant to the audience.
To be successful in this media and communications position you will be:
- Educated to degree level in Journalism or another relevant topic.
- Experience pitching, writing and interviewing for editorial features.
- Experience proofreading editorial features.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
With the additional preferences of:
- Experience working in print journalism or magazine publishing.
- Experience using Wordpress; Adobe InCopy; Adobe Acrobat; Google Workspace; Brevo or similar email marketing software; Buffer or similar social media scheduling software; Meta Business Suite.
- Experience writing Alt Text.
- Available to start by November 2023.
- An interest in the disability community, Armed Forces community and the education landscape in Scotland.
To apply for this Magazine Writer/Editor position, please submit your CV with a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience.