Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Connect Appointments North East are currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer for a very exciting Manufacturing Client based in the Durham area.
This will be a permanent role working 3 days per week from 6 am till 6 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday (33.5 paid hours).
Duties will include but not limited to:
- To provide a professional, high quality multi-skilled (electro-mechanical) engineering service following adequate training on the equipment.
- Responsible for the mechanical/electrical maintenance of production lines and manufacturing site in accordance with product standards and specifications, to achieve required outputs.
- Ensure that all operations on equipment are performed to a professional, high-quality standard.
- Inform and update Engineering and Production Management with regards to line availability following breakdowns etc.
- Work closely as part of a team in conjunction with Production and Quality departments.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, and identified faults are reported and logged so that corrective action can be taken.
- Assist with the planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- Ensure all tools and parts are removed from equipment, and the area is cleared/cleaned prior to production line re-start.
- Recording of maintenance activities/resolutions in shift log for future reference.
- Training and working with line operatives to improve setting skills where required.
- This list is not exhaustive and will be added to or amended as business needs require.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with current H&S, environmental and food safety legislation and procedures.
- Use all PPE and equipment as instructed.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Report any serious malfunctions or risks to a responsible person.