Connect Appointments have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager, where you will manage all Estate, Domestic and Maintenance Staff.
Our ideal candidate should be highly motivated with strong leadership ability and excellent management and communication skills.
Provide strategic leadership, management and direction across estates environments, including fleet, domestics and maintenance. This includes being responsible for planning and executing rolling maintenance, capital projects and upgrades.
Encourage a more dedicated and accountable focus on the environmental services
The remit for the Facilities Manager will include line management of the maintenance and domestic teams as well as full responsibility for the vehicle fleet.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of the Facilities Manager:
- To actively lead and manage all facility projects, maintenance and upgrades
- To drive forward the developmental elements of all facility projects and environmental improvement
- Liaise with Finance Manager in preparation of all capital expenditure and inspect completed works
- Interact and liaise with all contractors on site, ensuring all health and safety requirements are met and monitor performance
- Oversee and liaise with team on all risk assessments, contracts, regulatory obligations, legislative requirements and environmental health requirements
- Ensure culture of professional support and development is embedded within the team and organisation as a whole
- Actively promote a positive ethos within the facilities and maintenance
- Develop a common standard of finish across the organisation and keep reasonable stock in place to service reactional maintenance
- Be part of the on-call rota
PROJECTS AND COSTINGS
- Manage contracts and colleagues to achieve the objective of achieving a high standard of work and finishes in the most cost-effective manner within our budgetary constraints
- Oversee and manage the scheduling and monitoring of heating, lighting and other core services to all sites and produce reports in accordance with findings
- Effectively manage the team to design and deliver plans to improve the clients service delivery including design of rotas, building and project planning, ongoing maintenance scheduling both internally and externally, assigning contractors through acceptable procurement procedures and meeting deadlines successfully.
- Producing plans and maintenance schedules to SMT
- All Health & Safety assessments and record keeping
- Fleet maintained for inspection by VOSA * Fleet Inventory and Asset Register * All external contractor works
- Midas trained drivers
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Facilities compliant with Care Inspectorate and HMiE inspections
- Child and Adult Safeguarding Policies
- Health & Safety policy
- Equal Opportunities policy
- Manage data protection and freedom of information in relation to environment and estate
- Provide a professional service commensurate with current qualifications
- Plan together with Learning & Development manager all CPD concerning colleagues
The successful candidate for this role has a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful company. This role could potentially be a long term, stable opportunities for the suitable candidate who can impress and maintain a correct work ethic.
Please email you CV now for immediate short list