This job has been filled.
Isle of Arran.
Connect Appointments are exclusively working with our leading Hotel Resort Client to recruit for a passionate Head Chef to join their busy luxury, stylish Seafood and Grill Brasserie restaurant operation.
The Head Chef role is a hands-on one, leading a dedicated team of chefs, and kitchen support staff. The development of the team, consistency/quality of services, and food are key responsibilities of the role. They also are part of the ethos of this respected established business.
The food is heavily influenced by its local freshness, seasonality, and contemporary popular grill choice menus. Services offered daily, in a relaxed friendly, contemporary restaurant environment, in this popular lunch and dinner service venue.
Areas of responsibility:
- Control and direct the quality food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Construct innovative menus with new, or existing culinary creations ensuring the ideas fit the venue.
- Approve all dishes before they reach the customer.
- Arrange for repairs when necessary to the Kitchen.
- Be fully in involved in hiring, managing, and training kitchen staff.
- Comply with nutritional, and any allergies requirements.
- Manage regulations and food/health & safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation, respect and friendliness between all co-workers.
- Proven brasserie experience at Head Chef/Senior Sous level.
- Approachable, calm under pressure, positive personality.
- Professional understanding/ability of kitchen management/budgetary experienced.
- Manage/delegate responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary, and kitchen processes.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, Procure Wizard software, POS).
- Credentials in health and safety training.
This is a great leadership opportunity with a continually growing organisation. With an excellent competitive package, Employer Bonus Scheme, genuine future career prospects, on-going training and development; whilst working in a quality luxury environment for the right applicant. Live-In accommodation is also available.
Please respond in the first instance with your CV.