Assistant C&E Manager
This job has been filled.
Assistant C&E Manager.
Connect Appointments Hospitality are exclusively working with our prestige Client in the heart of the bustling City of Edinburgh, who are looking for a energised, quality focused, Assistant Conference and Event Manager to join their award winning team at this landmark city centre luxury Hotel.
The role requires a very visible, hands on approach, to move the business forward with the strategic growth planned for the Hotel, and iconic quality Brand.
It is an exciting time to join, and the Assistant Conference and Event Manager will be helping the C&E Manager run a multi- million department and large team of staff. Supplying delivery of memorable corporate and leisure experiences, to the Hotel's diverse customer base.
Ideally our Client is looking for someone from a 4/5 star Hotel background, with excellent F&B, Weddings, and C&E experience of both large, and intimate, quality dining and associated corporate/leisure functions.
You will need to lead from the front, be approachable at all times, exhibit strong leadership, first-class communication skills, be well organised, and have an excellent eye for details. Whilst wishing to provide unapparelled guest experiences.
Example Areas of Duties:
- To comply with all statutory, and company regulations relating to Health & Safety, Hygiene, conduct of employees, fire emergency procedures, security of premises; and of the property.
- To be fully conversant with current Liquor Licensing Laws, its Regulations, and ensure that there is no breach of these laws by all staffs/users.
- To plan, assist, deliver with staff training, and on-going development to encourage staffs to up sell food and beverage options, whilst continuously monitoring and checking standards of work and correcting when necessary.
- To ensure that all Conference & Banqueting spaces follow all brand SOP's where required.
- To maintain good communications, build relationships with the Sales and Events Department and all operational departments within the Hotel.
- To be responsible for the safe keeping and storage of all hotel owned or hired audio-visual equipment.
- To meet the organisers of Conferences, Banquets and Weddings during their stay and to ensure customer satisfaction, and quality customer journey experience, end to end.
- To ensure that the clients queries, any complaints are dealt with promptly, personally, and serious situations reported to the General Manager / Operational Manager/ Duty Manager.
- To ensure that all meeting rooms, function suites, are always clean and tidy and set up to the required specification at all times.
- To ensure that all glassware, crockery, cutlery, and general equipment is stored and used in the correct manner and audited in line with core standards.
- To ensure that all guests receive good and prompt service and that all food & beverage is served to the agreed standard, and requirements of briefs.
- To attend daily/weekly/monthly Operations and F&B meetings- communicating all information to staff in your department, as required, or relevant.
- To ensure that your department meets forecasted business demands.
- To complete weekly Rota, timesheets, financial forecasts, on time - passing relevant information to other operational areas of the business, and financial controllers.
- Manage your departmental Budgets, and be objective with your cost control decisions, especially with labour.
In return you will receive an excellent competitive salary and benefits, superb career development prospects, excellent training and development structures, and be part of a quality focused, progressive growing organisation.
Please respond in the first instance with your CV, and we are looking to interview quickly.