This job has been filled.
Connect Appointments are currently recruiting for an experienced Forklift Driver for ongoing work in the Motherwell area!!
Our prestigious client, based in the Motherwell area, are now recruiting for an experienced Forklift Operator for an ongoing temporary position.
Our client is a global leader throughout the courier industry, processing and delivering millions of parcels each week across the UK.
We are looking for a reliable, flexible forklift driver that can adapt quickly to the changes in shift patterns, candidates should have a good level of oral and written English.
We are looking for an experienced Counter Balance forklift driver to move packages and material around our client's facilities. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety.
Your job could include driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities as well as helping on the warehouse floor, hand balling and other manual duties.
You must be a responsible individual with great experience in driving industrial vehicles.
The goal will be to ensure that material and products will always be at the right place at the right time to achieve maximum efficiency.
The roles may vary but will primarily be based around:
- Receiving goods in from suppliers
- Stowing away
- Picking orders from stock pick sheets
- Supplying materials to production areas
- Stowing away finished goods
- Loading trucks with finished palatised goods
- Stock / Case counting before dispatch
- Preparing dispatch paperwork
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
Skills required for this forklift driver position include:
- Manual dexterity
- The ability to put things in order
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience as a forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- Current in-date Counter Balance truck licence
- Picking - requirement
Loading/Unloading - requirement
- Good communication skills and understand written instructions
The person must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Ability to work as part of a team.
As a team player you will be required to have a good work ethic as on occasions throughout the day you may need to case count/handball/stock take etc. so you must have a flexible attitude.
You must have a valid Counter Balance truck certificate, coupled with the experience above, be a team player with a good work ethic. This is a temporary on-going position and can lead to permanent for the right candidate.
The working hours will be Monday - Friday 14:00- 20:00.
Rate of pay - £8.21 per hour
ESSENTIAL: DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THIS ROLE APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A VALID FULL UK LICENSE.
If you have the relevant skills or experience please call Shona now on 01698 535870 and send your most current CV.