This job has been filled.
Connect Appointments have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced warehouse operative to join our exciting new client in the Cosway area of Edinburgh.
Our client, who boasts an impressive retail offering, producing luxurious clothing, operates a fast paced warehouse and are looking to welcome a warehouse operator to their team on a permanent basis.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the warehouse, it is essential that candidates have plenty of energy and stamina along with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
The successful warehouse operative will be able to work using their own initiative as well as part of a team.
Your role will be to maintain high standards within the warehouse. You will need to be able to work as part of a team ensuring that goods are moved on and off the store floors safely and efficiently.
In the summertime, this is an extremely busy location meaning staff must be forward thinking and proactive. As a seasonal business, the opening hours are subject to change, meaning flexibility is essential.
What to expect:
- Working 5 days out of 6 (Mon to Sat) 8:50-5:30
- Between £9ph and £10.
- Competitive pay rate
- Working 5 days out of 6 (Mon to Sat)
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 public holidays.
- Staff discounts and offers
Main duties for this warehouse operative role includes but is not limited to:
- Accurately picking located items from stock in preparation for despatch to the shops
- Driving company van - not essential
- Delivering and reloading required stock to the shops
- Barcoding and recording stock correctly to ensure the accuracy of the stock control system
Experience and skills required;
- Previous experience within a goods-in team/department.
- Experience of working in a busy warehouse environment picking and packing orders to a timed schedule.
- Have sound numeracy, literacy, computing and self-organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and trustworthy
- Good with numbers
- Be self-motivated & have the ability to work within a high paced team
- Have plenty of stamina and enthusiasm
- Have a polite, professional and helpful manner
- Must speak fluent English
- Being physically fit (lifting is involved)
- Hold a clean driving licence.
If you think you have what we are looking for, for this warehouse operative position, please do not hesitate to apply here or call us on 01506 449944.