Connect Appointments Hospitality are currently recruiting for Kitchen Porters for our four and five star Client base, located in and around Edinburgh City Centre on an ongoing temporary basis. Weekend work will be required for these positions.
Example shift patterns will be 12:00 noon - 20:00pm finish, 11:00am - 19:00pm or 10:00am - 22:00pm with breaks. Rates of pay will vary between £9.21 per hour to £9.50 per hour depending on client.
Uniforms on the most part will not be provided however aprons and PPE equipment will be. Safety shoes are required.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Keep the kitchen and wash up areas tidy.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Report hazards and maintenance requirements to Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- Thoroughly clean work surfaces, shelves, floors, walls and cupboards.
- Empty rubbish bins and maintain refuse area to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Monitor pest control and report issues to Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- Use and store chemicals in line with COSHH requirements.
- Actively assist in all aspects of the weekly 'deep clean' as required.
- Move and lift goods as required.
The ideal Kitchen Porter must be a hardworking, trustworthy individual with a warm and friendly persona. You must be willing to work as part of a team. Ideally you will have 1 years' experience as a Kitchen Porter. You must have an adaptable personality as each shift worked in this position will be different, depending on which client you are working with.
Please respond in the first instance with your CV.