Senior Sous Chef
This job has been filled.
Isle Of Arran.
Senior Sous Chef (live-in available).
Connect Appointments Award Winning luxury leading Hotel & Spa Resort Client is looking for a passionate Senior Sous Chef to join their expanding busy operations, at this stunning location off the North Ayrshire coast of Scotland.
The Senior Sous role is a hands on one, helping lead a dedicated quality focused team with the Head Chef. The brigade is loyal, keen to evolve, and classically trained.The team development management is a key responsibility of the role, as is the continued consistency of the Food ethos.
The Food concepts are all locally sourced where possible.The food is of the highest quality level, with full three services a day to its Diners to a 300 PAX Restaurant. Set in beautifully appointed restaurant.
Experience of a quality fresh led volume Restaurant operations would be highly advantageous, or if you are currently in a 4/5 star high standard large Hotel restaurant would also be considered for the role. The ideal candidate would currently be at Sous Chef level looking to step up with their career with this quality organisation.
Areas of responsibility:
- Control and direct the food preparation processes and any other relative activities with the Head Chef.
- Assist with construction of menus with new, or existing culinary dish creations, ensuring the variety and quality of the food offerings are in-line with the restaurant and Resorts ethos.
- Approve dishes before they reach the customer in Head Chefs abscence.
- Plan orders of ingredients/stock, according to identified shortages/business needs.
- Remedy any problems or defects with the team, kitchen, or services in the Head Chefs abscence.
- Be involved in hiring, managing, and training kitchen staff.
- Comply with nutrition, and food safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation, and respect between the team and other departments.
- Proven quality experience as Sous Chef level.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities amongst a team and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with modern culinary trends, and optimised kitchen processes.
- Credentials in health and safety training.
This is a great progressive opportunity with a highly ethical business, where Employees are rewarded with Ownership opportunities after a Years service. With an excellent basic package, on-going training, and genuine development/progressional opportunities. Fabulous modern Live-In accomodation available, use of Health and Spa Club facilities, and working in a continously evolving 5 star environment.
Please apply in the first instance with your CV.