The assistance of the team development management is a key responsibility of the role, and part of the ethos of the resort to train, promote, and nurture from within.
The Food concept is a popular Middle Eastern led concept with modern twists and innovative styling/flavours. With all items freshly made and prepared on site by the team. With busy services reaching between 300 pax on a weekend service at peak times of the season.
Experience of a volume, busy high street Restaurant operation would be desirable for the role.
Ideally this role would suit someone currently at Sous Chef level, or potentially for an ambitious Junior Sous level chef looking to step up.
Areas of responsibility:
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Construct menus with new, innovative culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Approve consistency of qualiy of dishes before they reach the customer.
- Plan orders of equipment, or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Remedy any problems or defects wih the Kitchen environments.
- Be involved in hiring, managing, and training kitchen staff.
- Comply with nutrition, and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-oworkers.
- Proven experience as Senior Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef level.
- Good understanding of kitchen management.
- Able to cook to 1 Rosette level.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication, positivity and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Credentials in health and safety training.
This is a great progressive opportunity with a growing luxury business, with an excellent base package, great gratuities, on-going training and development and quality working environment for the right applicant.
Please respond in the first instance with your CV.