This job has been filled.
Connect Appointments is recruiting for their electronics specialist client for the role of Process Engineer
The company are currently expanding due to an increase in business so now is the time to apply for the Process Engineer job!
You will be responsible for defining and enhancing the processes required to ensure the production of cost-effective and quality products. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm within the electronics industry, this could be the position for you.
- Ensuring NPI data ie. Gerber, Mark Up, P&P files and the P&P component library are up to date before each build while controlling all configuration management throughout the life of the product.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure NPI issues are identified and action plans created and executed.
- Ensure MRP system accurately reflects all critical Process / Production Engineering activities.
- Support the ordering of stencils / PCBAs for new products.
- Analyses changes in customer specs in order to flow them down to manufacturing.
- Interfaces with Technical support engineering, Quality engineering, Manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals.
- Supports standardization initiatives across business units.
- Defines material sorting and grouping to match the process sequence and aid manufacturing.
- Ensure quoting and actual costs discrepancies are highlighted and addressed.
- Support quoting of assembly costings.
- Identify and create suitable work instructions in line with ISO 9001:2015.
- Configuration Control Management of all documents to match the process sequence (specifications, route cards, BOMs, data packs).
- Resolves problems related to the manufacturing process.
- Actively gets involved with Business Improvement team to improves process layout to optimize product flow.
- Configures work station design, layout and tooling to optimize operator performance (5S).
Education and/or Experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 3 years' experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Six sigma and lean methodology experience would be advantageous.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) - Basic
- Problem Solving, root cause analysis and corrective action - Basic
- Ability to assist with layouts and fixtures to aid manufacturing - Basic
- Ability to prioritize to meet departmental goals - Basic
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers when required - Basic
- Capable of managing large amounts of data and tasks - Basic
- Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organization - Basic
Competitive salary depending on experience, including participation in company pension and discretionary bonus plan.
If interested in the Process Engineer role Click & Apply and then contact Sean and Derek at Connect Appointments Technical for more information.