Forklift Driver Counterbalance
Calling all Counterbalance Forklift drivers - We are now Recruiting!
Due to significant growth in recent months and expansion of the site, our prestigious client based in the Bathgate area is now recruiting experienced counterbalance forklift drivers for ongoing temporary positions.
Our client is a global leader throughout the spirits industry, manufacturing numerous prestigious brands within the whisky, gin, liquors sectors and with exclusive packaging.
We are looking for reliable, flexible candidates that can adapt quickly to the changes in shift patterns.
Candidates should have a good level of oral and written English.
Your new role
You will ideally have a valid counterbalance certificate coupled with the at least a years experience driving forklifts in a busy warehouse. As a team player, you will be required to have a good work ethic as on occasions throughout the day you may be required to case count/handball/stock take etc. so you must have a flexible attitude. The roles may vary but will primarily be based around:
- Receiving goods in from suppliers
- Stowing away
- Picking orders from stock pick sheets
- Supplying materials to production areas
- Stowing away finished goods
- Loading trucks with finished palletised goods
- Stock / Case counting before despatch
- Preparing despatch paperwork
What you'll get in return
- On-site parking
- Canteen serving hot and cold food and drinks
- Weekly pay
- Holiday hours accrued on a weekly basis
- A positive working environment
- Ongoing work
The Person must have:
- Our ideal candidate will have at least one year's forklift driving experience ideally within the bottling industry or within a fast-paced production environment.
- Good practical skills with the ability to work quickly and precisely
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams - good team working skills
- Ability to stay focused while doing repetitive tasks, as well as being able to multi-task while being detail oriented and quality focused
- Ability to follow instructions with an awareness of health and safety
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong work ethic and positive, "can-do" attitude
- Ability to multi-task while being detail oriented and quality focused
Whilst working at the site there will always be an element of general cleaning duties as you work, ensuring your work area is clean and tidy and complies with the Health and Safety and Hygiene policy.
Various shift patterns: early shift, day shift, back shift and night shift.
What you need to do now
Please submit your CV or call 01506 449944 for more information.